Can I zip/7z files in Romcenter?

Romcenter 4 support discussion. Please do not post roms requests or illegal links, posts will be deleted. After discussion in this forum, please report any new bugs here.

Moderator: Wanderer

Forum rules
No roms requests or illegal links

Can I zip/7z files in Romcenter?

Post by Guest »

I have a folder full of single MAME ROM files. Romcenter recognizes them and tells me the expected file name. Is there a way to mark all files and create a zip/7z file directly in RC?

Currently I have to mark them all, move them to a new folder with the ROM's name, switch to Explorer, create a zip file, move it into another folder and delete that ROM folder... quite a hassle.

Wanderer
Board master
Board master

Re: Can I zip/7z files in Romcenter?

Post by Wanderer »

Hi there.

What happens if you select that folder and "fix" it? Won't RC put everything in its own zip file?

SFX Group
Street fighter II
Street fighter II

Re: Can I zip/7z files in Romcenter?

Post by SFX Group »

Ive had similar issues, i used to create a text file with the ZIP file names of every missing game, create an empty zip file then add those to RC before it would fill them with most of the ROM it required, allowing me to know what was missing.

Ive had it not create zip files for stuff i think it should of done (i have a whole spreadsheet with formulas to create the BATCH file to then copy a zip file with the correct name as RC doesnt seem to do it.
Many Thanks
Ashley

© Copyright 2024