Issue with vector game romsets in new MAME

Get help with running Romcenter 3 here. Please do not post roms requests or illegal links, posts will be deleted.

Moderator: Wanderer

Forum rules
No roms requests or illegal links
JayTor2112

Issue with vector game romsets in new MAME

Post by JayTor2112 »

I'm encountering what seems to be a bug with the vector games. It is labeling all the unique roms in each clone as "not needed in this file", and the shared roms which are all in the vector.zip file as "available in another game". So if I run a fix on them, I will just be left with the roms from vector.zip, and all the unique roms deleted. I created the dat file from the mameui64 exe. Could that be the problem, or is this a bug in the current mame release?

JayTor2112

Re: Issue with vector game romsets in new MAME

Post by JayTor2112 »

Additional information: Thees roms all pass the audit in the emulator as they are, even though Romcenter sees them as needing fixed.

MELERIX
Street fighter II
Street fighter II

Post by MELERIX »

may be the other files are part of a bios, thats whay are not needed inside the rom.

btw, you forgot to specify what mame version is and what game.

gokudo
PacMan
PacMan

Post by gokudo »

I checked regarding my issue here: http://forum.romcenter.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2486. It's exactly that problem, too. It only happens with vector games, I didn't realize that first. Including the roms from vector.zip (which is NOT shown as bios BTW) does not help cause it still says that "N/A" is missing.

gokudo
PacMan
PacMan

Post by gokudo »

So I tried again with a dat generated from MAME .152, no problems anymore. Have to wonder what that was all about...