Fixed [BUG 3.6.4] potential bug for romcenter

Bugs are now stored in a bug tracker application. Click on the "Support/Bug reports" link above.

Moderator: Wanderer

nayo
Galaga
Galaga

Fixed [BUG 3.6.4] potential bug for romcenter

Post by nayo »

hi,

when i choose the option to rename all files at once... the process isn't done 1 by 1, and i get a message about insufficient memory... then files get corrupted...
the only way to rename files is selecting them 1 by 1... i never get a memory error...

if you could find a way to have the renaming of .7z files 1 by 1, going to the next only when the previous is done... it could take more time, but that would avoid memory error and files going corrupt

RomCenter
Author
Author

Re: potential bug for romcenter

Post by RomCenter »

Hmmm
I never met this problem. How files can be corrupted after a rename ?
How many files are you working on ? Did you select the path, or all files at once ?
Eric - RomCenter developer
Report bugs here.

nayo
Galaga
Galaga

Post by nayo »

a question: can you select more than 1 file in rom path ? cause i tried ctrl+click or shift + down arrow but it doesn't work, i can select only 1 file at a time.

edit: this out of memory problem appear only when i try to fix all files at once (240) when i do 1 by 1 instead all works fine.

i just clicked on the "main folder" under -file of roms-
i did a right click + fix games

and the software started to batch rename all of the files (about 240)... the files were .7z some weighting 200mb ...
i got the errore E7000 or something else can't remember informing me i was out of memory ram...

so i have the impression your batch rename doesnt do 1 file at a time... because if i single click on a file, and choose correct this single file... it does no problem... the 5mb file is quick, the 200mb takes much longer but works perfect.

at that point i did a stupid thing... shut down computer... and files got corrupted (120 of them)

i use windows 7x64 and got 8gb ram.

nayo
Galaga
Galaga

Post by nayo »

error 8007000E of sevenzip

"Not enough storage is available to complete this operation."

i did a controlled test and on a 20 file rename it corrupted 9

during the process i got many data error, i didnt shutdown or kill romcenter this time, but it corrupted some files anyway... lucky me i kept a backup :D (so i guess i will have to rename 1 by 1)

edit: i dont know if it does help: but i was using the nointro numbered dat... that has roms about 4 to 200mb and got 6000+ of them
the error appear even when there are only 20 files .7z to rename... using the fix all option selected from the rompath

RomCenter
Author
Author

Post by RomCenter »

Ok, thank you. I will give a try.
You can limit the number of threads in the parameters. Set it to 1 and files will be processed on by one.
Report bugs here.

nayo
Galaga
Galaga

Post by nayo »

interesting...
i will give it a try :P i see the default is 10 :D i will set to 1 and see if it happens again...

by the way... i made another test... last night... without knowing about your last post... with 10 threads, i got the message several times... i used a command to go from .7z unmerged to .7z merged...
at the end of the process i got about 3600 files corrupted out of the 6400.
the strange thing is: my ram memory was 46% used, i used windows 7 x64... and i still got the memory error for some of the files...
due to the errore instead of a legit file... a corrupted 1kb file with no data was created in place of many of the corrupted files.

i am using a compete nointro nds numbered decrypted include include include all.... .7zipped

nayo
Galaga
Galaga

Post by nayo »

this time i did use the rename command inside romcenter, selecting 3 files (each one is 512mb uncompressed and they were 100mb 7zipped)

well i got these 3 files corrupted... maybe the fact they are "heavy" 512mb each... is causing this corruption problem...

RomCenter
Author
Author

Post by RomCenter »

You mean renaming the roms inside files ?
Can you tell me which files it was ?
Report bugs here.

MELERIX
Street fighter II
Street fighter II

Post by MELERIX »

I noticed corruption in some roms files in 7z, sometimes.

for example with some "bios roms files", where there is files to remove or rename inside, if I select RC to repair, it currupt the file at the end.

so I had to update these roms manually.

RomCenter
Author
Author

Re: [BUG 3.6.4] potential bug for romcenter

Post by RomCenter »

There are some problems with the 7zip library when used in multithread. At about 500MB of memory, it crashed. :?
It happens quite fast with 10 threads.
I don't have a solution, except changing the lib. So I will try to limit to one thread for 7zip files renaming.
Report bugs here.

RomCenter
Author
Author

Re: [BUG 3.6.4] potential bug for romcenter

Post by RomCenter »

It is fixed. I use another way to rename roms. It is way faster and fix that problem. I also implement it for zip archives.
Report bugs here.