What logic is happening for game zip file name

Romcenter 4 support discussion. Please do not post roms requests or illegal links, posts will be deleted. After discussion in this forum, please report any new bugs here.

Moderator: Wanderer

Forum rules
No roms requests or illegal links
SFX Group
Street fighter II
Street fighter II

What logic is happening for game zip file name

Post by SFX Group »

Hi

How is RC4 deciding on the zip file game name?

I have a game i need to fill, so i create a zip file with a single text file in it called "800fatha.zip", this is a legitimate game i need to collect, so i would expect this zip file to show up RED, but no, it says the file should be renamed "mariner.zip", i already have this game, the one i dont have is "800fatha.zip", "what" is deciding my zip name should change? and if it does then i never find "800fatha.zip" game as it keeps renaming the file.

This is not how RC3 did it, i would create all the zip files i need (and have a whole excel system with BAT file creation to automate this) then RC would go and fill them.

I would have RomCenter export all the missing games, then create genuine zip files so i can then collect and fill them
Last edited by SFX Group on Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Many Thanks
Ashley

© Copyright 2024

Wanderer
Board master
Board master

Re: What logic is happening for game zip file name

Post by Wanderer »

SFX Group wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:21 pm
"what" is deciding my zip name should change?
Hi there. I can't say anything about the logic behind RC4 (since i'm not familiar with it), but i guess it may have decided that based on the contents of the zip. Maybe the file you put in it exists in "mariner", so it got confused...

SFX Group
Street fighter II
Street fighter II

Post by SFX Group »

Hi

There was nothing in the ZIP file, for some reason it decides the ZIP file is the wrong name (not based on the ZIP contents).

I did notice that mariner.zip is the name of the parent game, so this would be a huge clue, how do i stop RC4 renaming zip files to a parent game (that i already have in another folder).

its set to split / split / merged so there is no reason for this i can see
Many Thanks
Ashley

© Copyright 2024

RomCenter
Author
Author

Post by RomCenter »

It should not be renaming the file if the name is a clone name.
I will check with an empty zip what's wrong.
Eric - RomCenter developer
Report bugs here.