One thing that would make Romcenter perfect for me

Romcenter 4 support discussion. Please do not post roms requests or illegal links, posts will be deleted. After discussion in this forum, please report any new bugs here.

Moderator: Wanderer

Forum rules
No roms requests or illegal links
Delgon

One thing that would make Romcenter perfect for me

Post by Delgon »

First of all, I would like to tell that I love Romcenter and how it shows ROMs in Dats as well as what ROMs are available in what directories. It is very fast and reliable.
Unfortunately, the only thing that keeps me from using it as my only ROM manager, unless I missed something, is a way of accessing my databases. I would love to see it has some kind of 'profiles' panel when I can see all my databases and maybe some kind of information like HAVE/MISS or something like many other managers do have.

One other thing that I noticed is when Dat file contains ROMs in some kind of hierarchy like folders. Dat file contains let's say entry 'system/apps/6r21/6r21.aif' and if it is stored that way in my 7z archive, Romcenter detects it as a 'Bad name' and wants to put everything in the main folder of the archive without any kind of hierarchy.

It would be great to also have some fast way to check how many ROMs I have from the Dat. I can check every set separately but it would be very tedious.

Otherwise great work guys. Love it!

RomCenter
Author
Author

Re: One thing that would make Romcenter perfect for me

Post by RomCenter »

Hi

Thank you for your mail. I'm doing my best to develop a nice rom manager.
First point: Profile panel. This is something in my todo list. Have a tab with all available databases and status. I will create a feature request soon (or you can if you want).
Second point: subfolder in roms. This thing is quite new and I will also do it as it is now part of mame.

But please be patient, I have yet to stabilize current version before adding new features.
Eric - RomCenter developer
Report bugs here.

dbinott
Pong
Pong

Re: One thing that would make Romcenter perfect for me

Post by dbinott »

Was just about to post about the "Bad name" for subfolders in zips. Hopefully this can be next on list after release. I just added 2 bugs/crashes to the tracker.