"All Games (Main->Clones)" is missing?

Romcenter 4 support discussion. Please do not post roms requests or illegal links, posts will be deleted. After discussion in this forum, please report any new bugs here.

Moderator: Wanderer

Forum rules
No roms requests or illegal links
FailureBiWinning
Pong
Pong

"All Games (Main->Clones)" is missing?

Post by FailureBiWinning »

I'm not sure if I'm the first to notice this, and I don't know if this was intentional or not, but is there any reason this one thing from ROMCenter 3.x is missing in ROMCenter 4.x?
ROMCenterWeirdness.png
ROMCenterWeirdness.png (13.66 KiB) Viewed 29428 times

RomCenter
Author
Author

Re: "All Games (Main->Clones)" is missing?

Post by RomCenter »

You can drag the main column and drop it in the header bar. This will group by main game.
Your can do it with all columns, years for example.
Eric - RomCenter developer
Report bugs here.

hilbo

Post by hilbo »

NOT about missing features Eric but wrong/missing ROMs.
I'm new to Mame and ROMs obviously but by using RomCenter, the internal audit of Arcad64.exe (v180) and or ClrMamePro I just get more and more confused.
I have begun downloading v180 romset and is why I opted for v180 Arcade64. Everyone in-the-know says match your Mame to your ROMs for an easier life! Sounds like a great idea and simple enough!
Lots of ROMs but why not audit ongoing with what I have and see how it's going right? Okay, but depending on which program I use I get different reports. I expect the "missing" component to be big but lessen each time I add the latest download and this has happened using the internal facilities of Arcade64 but with Romcenter (which I prefer to use over ClrMamePro) I am getting a weird result.
I get as an audit from Mame (Arcade64_v0.180) itself:- 5020 Correct, 765 Incorrect and 4143 missing ROMs. I have noted that "missing" amount is reducing as I add more downloaded ROMs and is a logical result.
With RomCenter (spelt centre here in Oz) and an audit on the same folder of ROMs I get these reports:
//You are having 34 of 4455 known arcade64 items (only mains, roms)
and conversely:
//You are missing 4421 of 4455 known arcade64 items (only mains, roms).
This is obviously not correct and to me not even possible but although the process seems straightforward enough, I may be doing something wrong.
Can you guys help? I really want a clean set as I probably will never update once this is settled. The PC engine of my bar-top cabinet will never go online and will be used for the most part by several pre-teens and teens (we have 7 kids) so once working fine I will throw it to the wolves. :P
Any help here would be greatly appreciated.
cheers,
Philbo

RomCenter
Author
Author

Post by RomCenter »

Hi

It's difficult to tell if something is wrong without the files.
Maybe you can take one or two roms with different report and see what's the difference ?

Tell me what you find and I will check with you what's wrong.
Eric - RomCenter developer
Report bugs here.

Philbo
Pong
Pong

Post by Philbo »

Thanks for the advice Eric, I will do that and report back.
I now have all the ROMs for 180 or at least that's what was stated at the source.
Just before I go, here is a capture of Arcade64's audit:
https://imgur.com/upRupe0
It's a split release and I'm happy enough with the gross numbers please understand but
I'm still trying to understand how a release can have missing roms and incorrect roms.
Maybe "missing" includes ROMs with no bios and/or samples? Same for "incorrect".
I have too many questions to list here even after reading lots of stuff on Mame & ROMSets.
Still learning . . . :|