Mysql

Romcenter 4 support discussion. Please do not post roms requests or illegal links, posts will be deleted. After discussion in this forum, please report any new bugs here.

Moderator: Wanderer

Forum rules
No roms requests or illegal links
davide.duca
Pong
Pong

Mysql

Post by davide.duca »

Hi,

I lookng for a software for to organize the roms of Mame and Tosec but i need work with a server Mysql and have a front end in a client.

i prefer work wih client Windows, Linux and Mac, but it's ok if work only with Windows.

Do you think to create a version of ROMCenter like this?

Thansk
Davide

Wanderer
Board master
Board master

Re: Mysql

Post by Wanderer »

Hi there.

Indeed, it would be interesting if romcenter could use an external database to keep its data. I suspect though that it would need quite some work to create all the necessary structure for romcenter to work, in various databases that exist outside. For instance, i would find it interesting if it worked with sql server. This might require the creation of a custom set of stored procedures though. And Eric would have to maintain this too.

Still, it's an interesting idea though. Eric could say if it's feasible, perhaps with some help from the community. Whoever is interested in a certain DB, could be set responsible for maintaining the necessary changes in db structure.

RomCenter
Author
Author

Re: Mysql

Post by RomCenter »

Romcenter uses an internal sql database (firebird 2). A lot of processes are handled through stored proc, which are specific to fb.
Using external database requires to rewrite proc into the new db, or rewrite these processes in the main program, getting rid of stored proc.
I'm not sure a lot of users have a personnal db server installed to hook rc on it :?
Eric - RomCenter developer
Report bugs here.