CHD problem fixing ?

Romcenter 4 support discussion. Please do not post roms requests or illegal links, posts will be deleted. After discussion in this forum, please report any new bugs here.

Moderator: Wanderer

Forum rules
No roms requests or illegal links
defre1977
Pong
Pong

CHD problem fixing ?

Post by defre1977 »

Hi ,

I have a problem with organising my mame roms . I have them almost all .
But i have some problem with 20 to 30 Chd files . They are correct in the folder . But romcenter say i am missing .
See printscreen .
The only difference i see is CRC/SHA1 .
I saw another topic from somebody with the same problem . But that was from 2015 and comment was that it was a bug and it would be fixed in the next release . And we are almost 2018 :(

I had the same with RC version 3.7.1 and now with the latest RC release just the same.
Or are there different version of the same CHD , but with different CRC numbers ?
Attachments
Untitled1.png
Untitled1.png (392.52 KiB) Viewed 15472 times
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (626.17 KiB) Viewed 15472 times

Wanderer
Board master
Board master

Re: CHD problem fixing ?

Post by Wanderer »

defre1977 wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:09 pm
Or are there different version of the same CHD , but with different CRC numbers ?
Hi there. Yes, that's probably what it is. The source datafile you have used (either exported from MAME or from an internet source) contains the names and CRCs of the files supported by a specific MAME version. The CHD you have is form an older (or maybe newer) MAME version, so it's a different file.

If you want to make sure everything is OK, you can search in the original datafile (not in the romcenter DB, it's not plain text) for this specific filename and check if it's SHA1 is the one shown in RomCenter.