RC beta 7 can't parse a full mame romset

Romcenter 4 support discussion. Please do not post roms requests or illegal links, posts will be deleted. After discussion in this forum, please report any new bugs here.

Moderator: Wanderer

Forum rules
No roms requests or illegal links
shinyknight
Galaga
Galaga

RC beta 7 can't parse a full mame romset

Post by shinyknight »

I did download the new beta, and made a backup of my 0.161 romset for mame.

After checking the names, the application fail. It seems to work if you select only few roms, but if you select the whole romset (93K files), the application just choke at one point and fail.

If this is expected, would be nice to have a way to avoid to select so many files

Wanderer
Board master
Board master

Re: RC beta 7 can't parse a full mame romset

Post by Wanderer »

shinyknight wrote:I did download the new beta, and made a backup of my 0.161 romset for mame.

After checking the names, the application fail. It seems to work if you select only few roms, but if you select the whole romset (93K files), the application just choke at one point and fail.

If this is expected, would be nice to have a way to avoid to select so many files
Hi there. This didn't happen to me (using a previous beta) when i tried mame 0.164 (don't have a full set though). I'd suggest you post your PC's configuration so that Eric can comment more easily on what you say.

shinyknight
Galaga
Galaga

Post by shinyknight »

I did try few times; and in any case it didn't go through, beyond the first pass to check the names.

My PC is an i5 4690K with 16 Gb of Ram and Nvidia 970 2Gb. The romset is on a regular 1 TB 7200 RPM HDD

Wanderer
Board master
Board master

Post by Wanderer »

shinyknight wrote:My PC is an i5 4690K with 16 Gb of Ram and Nvidia 970 2Gb. The romset is on a regular 1 TB 7200 RPM HDD
Hmmm... it's more than a decent rig. Funny. Maybe it has to do with the "beta/debug" state of RC. Well, perhaps Eric can shed some more light on the matter...

P.S.1: And your OS is?
P.S.2: Define "fail". Does it crash or just hangs? For how long did you leave it before killing the task (if you did kill it)?

shinyknight
Galaga
Galaga

Post by shinyknight »

Sorry, forgot to mention the os :) W10 Ultimate

The error is coming on the log window and in a popup; this is the text:

Code: Select all

Error: An error occurred while executing the command definition. See the inner exception for details.
No idea what it means; I can't access the exception object to figure out what is going on, and the log print out only this.

RomCenter
Author
Author

Post by RomCenter »

Hi
Thanks for the report.
The full error report should be logged in a file located in c:/programdata/romcenter. Can you send me the XML file (PM) ?
Thank you.
Eric - RomCenter developer
Report bugs here.

shinyknight
Galaga
Galaga

Post by shinyknight »

Sure, sending the xml files via PM