Adding Roms

Romcenter 4 support discussion. Please do not post roms requests or illegal links, posts will be deleted. After discussion in this forum, please report any new bugs here.

Moderator: Wanderer

Forum rules
No roms requests or illegal links
mateyo

Adding Roms

Post by mateyo »

Hi,
i have a question about the program design.
wouldn't when adding rom files, especially when you add your rom directory for the first time, to precache several roms in an array and then insert an huge amount of roms at once, instead to do one sql insert per game?
I know that the calculation of the checksum takes some time depending of the size of the game added, but wouldnt that minor addition speed the whole process a bit up?

greets mateyo

RomCenter
Author
Author

Re: Adding Roms

Post by RomCenter »

You're right, there is some things to do here to improve performances. I have several more ideas for that and I could have a look at this for the next release.
The 'block insert' is already used in dat loading, but I will probably do a multithreaded files load coupled with block insert.
Eric - RomCenter developer
Report bugs here.

allenePanek
Pong
Pong

Post by allenePanek »

Thanks to advances in technology, the USB flash drive has replaced other data storage devices such floppy disks and CD-ROMS.

Ambit_Energy
Pong
Pong

Post by Ambit_Energy »

Some info before the summer break:

4.0 development is going slowly, but it goes. Gui is beeing worked on, and it is the biggest part. The multithreaded fix framework is done, I must now add all operations (rename, remove, rezip...).

Not started yet: Compression framework, plugin managment, preferences, db creation.

:roll:

dennisjoe
Pong
Pong

Post by dennisjoe »

Melerix, look up the term Daltonism. Not sure though if Bzalel is trolling or serious.