How complete a mame romset is...

Romcenter 4 support discussion. Please do not post roms requests or illegal links, posts will be deleted. After discussion in this forum, please report any new bugs here.

Moderator: Wanderer

Forum rules
No roms requests or illegal links
Wanderer
Board master
Board master

How complete a mame romset is...

Post by Wanderer »

Mind-food for a future Romcenter version...

I tried to create a "mamemiss.txt", Romcenter reported there are no files missing, however the database counters seem to think otherwise (18 reds and 266 yellows). The reason for that is several missing CHDs and samples.

CHDs are large files and someone may not wish to mess with them. Someone may also like to ignore Samples. Currently if you wish to exclude i.e. Samples from the database, you have to create a datafile, exclude them and then import them to a Romcenter DB as Eric suggested in another post. It would be even better though if there was an internal Romcenter filter in which the user would select between modes for the database:

- Full mame set
- Mame set without CHDs
- Mame set without Samples
- Mame set without CHDs and Samples

After the selection, Romcenter would reload the database but this time only games matching the selected criteria would be loaded in the database and rom paths would be checked against these games only. Note: all game info would still exist in the actual database, they would just be disabled.

I don't know how feasible it is, it's just an idea for the future (who knows, it may be already in the TODO list)...

RomCenter
Author
Author

Re: How complete a mame romset is...

Post by RomCenter »

Something similar is in the todo list, but some more thinking is good.
I think I can filter this and make filtered disappear from the database. It would be easier to remove filtered items from display, than showing them disabled...
Eric - RomCenter developer
Report bugs here.

Wanderer
Board master
Board master

Re: How complete a mame romset is...

Post by Wanderer »

RomCenter wrote:Something similar is in the todo list
:) Nice to hear.
RomCenter wrote:It would be easier to remove filtered items from display, than showing them disabled...
Yes, that's what i meant. The disabled items should not be displayed. They will remain in the database (in case the user wants to apply a different filter) but will not be displayed.