RC300a4

Romcenter 4 support discussion. Please do not post roms requests or illegal links, posts will be deleted. After discussion in this forum, please report any new bugs here.

Moderator: Wanderer

Forum rules
No roms requests or illegal links
Wanderer
Board master
Board master

RC300a4

Post by Wanderer »

Some questions/comments about a4 (DB=mame 0.112):

- Preferences\Emulator: "%3" -rompath "%4". Isn't %3 enough? What is the rest needed for? Perhaps you meant to write "%2" -rompath "%4"?

- When a game is being executed, a command prompt window is opened (same thing happens in RC2). Is it possible to be hidden (not to be displayed at all, or at least to be minimized)?

- "Open datafile manager" produces an access violation.

- In mame, i use "mamepp.exe" as an executable. Everywhere in RC (database name, status line etc), "mamepp" is used. Is it possible to display "mame" instead of "mamepp"?

- In game description, one single quote appear as two single quotes.

- What is the point of having a combobox in the "samples directory"? Can't it be freely selected?

RomCenter
Author
Author

Re: RC300a4

Post by RomCenter »

Wanderer wrote:Some questions/comments about a4 (DB=mame 0.112):

- Preferences\Emulator: "%3" -rompath "%4". Isn't %3 enough? What is the rest needed for? Perhaps you meant to write "%2" -rompath "%4"?
No, it is correct. %4 is used to specify the rom path if it is not in the default mame rom paths. I tested it with mameplus, and can't run games without that param.
- When a game is being executed, a command prompt window is opened (same thing happens in RC2). Is it possible to be hidden (not to be displayed at all, or at least to be minimized)?
Minimized is not possible, I tried it and it also minimize mame.
I will try to launch the emulator directly from a shell process.
- "Open datafile manager" produces an access violation.
Yes, it is normal. I just forgot to disable it. :P
- In mame, i use "mamepp.exe" as an executable. Everywhere in RC (database name, status line etc), "mamepp" is used. Is it possible to display "mame" instead of "mamepp"?
When creating the database, you can change the database name. The status bar show the current emulator used to run games, so mamepp is correct here.
- In game description, one single quote appear as two single quotes.
I will check that.
- What is the point of having a combobox in the "samples directory"? Can't it be freely selected?
Sample directory should be part of the romcenter rom path because all samples will be copied in this directory and to avoid file deletion, romcenter must know what exactly is available or not.
Remember that the only way to recognize a sample is from its name. If a sample already exist in the sample dir, I can't just rename it without possible info loss.
Eric - RomCenter developer
Report bugs here.