Question regarding CHD and Dat...

All about datafiles.

Moderator: Wanderer

Umidong
Pong
Pong

Question regarding CHD and Dat...

Post by Umidong »

I hope I don't sound too idiotic by asking this question, but I wasn't able to find any answers on google, the romcenter forums, and etc...

Basically, I'm trying to organize the chd files that are often associated with the mame roms. Do the dat. files that are available via logiqx and this website includes info on the dat files? I was examining how romcenter organizes the roms and didn't notice any information regarding the chd files. If the dat. files that are available do not identify and organize chd files, how does one normally keep track of chd files?

Again, sorry for the "boob" question.

RomCenter
Author
Author

Post by RomCenter »

CHD are indeed part of the Logiqx dat or mame xml file. They are not yet handled by romcenter, but they will soon, probably in the next alpha, or beta. (CHD can't be handled like normal roms mainly because of their size).
Eric - RomCenter developer
Report bugs here.

Umidong
Pong
Pong

Post by Umidong »

I presume this also applies to Daphne audio and video files as well? Although I did notice that even in clmpro that there didn't seem to be any sign of large files as well.

RomCenter
Author
Author

Post by RomCenter »

This feature will apply for all datafiles which use chd.
I don't know for daphne. Does it use also CHD ? Are the size and crc/sha-1 specified in the dat ?

Note also that the chd size are not available in the dat, or in mame (that's why you won't find any lerge rom in romcenter or clrmame).
Eric - RomCenter developer
Report bugs here.