Datafiles changing affecting roms

All about datafiles.

Moderator: Wanderer

tlrbjc
Pong
Pong

Datafiles changing affecting roms

Post by tlrbjc »

Hi all. Was wondering if someone can tell me why everytime i update to a new datafile, i have to go d/l new roms. For example, i would use v.68 datafile and ABP would work, when i upgrade to v.71 it won't work. I understand the new datafiles get more files added but why would they change the ones that are already working. Also, i have windows 98, my buddy is running XP. When i play a game on my computer, it will automatically turn the game sideways so i can play, on his it looks like it stays in cocktail mode and the screen stays left to right. I even went in and changed the mame options to flip clockwise and it still wouldn't work. Then when we exited to the desktop the screen was sideways and i had to go to Nvidia properties and rotate the screen back. Thanks all.

tlrbjc

Iron Man
Street fighter II
Street fighter II

Post by Iron Man »

Rom changes:

Mame evolves, so it may need more roms of the game / more correct roms (after a redump by a good source e.g.) / different versions become parent set etc. So thats why old, before good, sets become obsolete, bad, incomplete and so on.

Try a rebuild and youll see what you miss and after that use tools like zipDL or DL manager that let you pick files inside of zips to grab the missing files or request them on the rom DL place of your choice.

For the rotation problem, i cant help, never had such problems and so i simply dont know sorry.
'Now the time is here
for Iron Man to spread fear,
Vengeance from the grave
kills the people he once saved'

© Black Sabbath '70
*grunt* Metal *gnarf*

Post by Guest »

thanks for the reply iron man.

Sorry to sound nieve but what is a rebuild and where can i get those programs, the zipdl or dl manager. I did a google search on zipdl and i don't think it was the program you are talking about.

thanks pal

tlrbjc

Iron Man
Street fighter II
Street fighter II

Post by Iron Man »

http://emu-russia.km.ru/data/general_utils_en.htm would be one and the other program would be a download manager that supports grabbing files inside zips (Download Mage?).

Hope that helped...
'Now the time is here
for Iron Man to spread fear,
Vengeance from the grave
kills the people he once saved'

© Black Sabbath '70
*grunt* Metal *gnarf*

Logiqx
Puzzle bobble
Puzzle bobble

Post by Logiqx »

Yes, Download Mage (http://www.dlmage.com) is excellent and I've used it for several years now. Small and very effective.