New Datafiles

All about datafiles.

Moderator: Wanderer

Dweezledap
Street fighter II
Street fighter II

New Datafiles

Post by Dweezledap »

Before the Hacker did his thing it looked like people where interested in these . So here they are again.

Romcenter Datafiles

If there are any problems with these, post a message in this thread.
Last edited by Dweezledap on Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:59 am, edited 14 times in total.
"He was a wise man who invented beer."
Plato.

Lashiec

Post by Lashiec »

Great work there, Dweezledap. I have tried some of them checking then the roms with other audit utilities (particularly GoodTools and NSRT) and my roms are perfect by both means. Pity that GoodGen and GoodSNES doesn't have any size information. And one question, I have noticed in the GoodSNES datafile that the ROMS are with .smc extension. Does this conflict with the RC plug-in? Shouldn't they be without extension? (I haven't tried to rename those yet, because I'm a little busy)

Post by Guest »

Lashiec wrote:Pity that GoodGen and GoodSNES doesn't have any size information.

Unfortunately I only have access to dial-up where I live. It will be awhile before I'll have the complete SNES and Genesis GoodSets. At that time I will create datafiles with sizes included.
Lashiec wrote:I have noticed in the GoodSNES datafile that the ROMS are with .smc extension. Does this conflict with the RC plug-in? Shouldn't they be without extension?
Your right. I missed that one :)
I'll post an upadated datafile this afternoon.

Dweezledap
Street fighter II
Street fighter II

Post by Dweezledap »

oops! forgot to log in.
The previous post is mine.
Plato.

dbjh
Galaga
Galaga

Re: 22 new Datafiles

Post by dbjh »

I am wondering, why do you make a difference between RomCenter and uCON64 datafiles? uCON64 produces RomCenter datafiles after all. And you don't make a clear distinction yourself either (for example the PCE DAT file). If uCON64 deviates from RomCenter without a good reason I consider it a bug and will fix it as soon as possible. That's better than to introduce slight differences between the format uCON64 produces compared to the format RomCenter (?) produces.
Too bad you didn't include size information in the datafiles (I read your explanation), as I recently changed uCON64 so that it only uses the information in a datafile if the size also matches. The reason is that it's relatively easy to create a file with a certain CRC-32 value. Creating a file with a certain CRC-32 value *and* of a certain size is a lot more difficult.

Dweezledap
Street fighter II
Street fighter II

Post by Dweezledap »

dbjh wrote:I am wondering, why do you make a difference between RomCenter and uCON64 datafiles?
They are the same datafiles. The only difference is the naming of the datafile itself. Since uCON64 requires a prefix and RomCenter does not.
Now that I think about it there really is no reason to have seperate datafiles.
dbjh wrote:Too bad you didn't include size information in the datafiles
Only the GBA datafile I converted from a Clrmame dat and the N64 Datafile don't contain file size. All others do.

Edit: The N64 Datafile now contains file size.
Plato.