Rename/Delete Roms

Get help with running Romcenter 3 here. Please do not post roms requests or illegal links, posts will be deleted.

Moderator: Wanderer

Forum rules
No roms requests or illegal links
Slaktarn
Galaga
Galaga

Rename/Delete Roms

Post by Slaktarn »

Hay everyone this is great software and first of all i would like to thank the coder for it!

Anyways i find some problems that i don´t see how them can exist as i see it

I have my roms in a folder like this root folder is "Genesis"

/Genesis/3 Ninjas Kick Back/Game1.bin <- rename to "3 Ninjas Kick Back (1994)(Sony)(US).bin"
/Genesis/Addams Family Values/Game2.bin <- rename to "Addams Family Values (E) (M3) [!].bin"
/Genesis/Aerobiz/Game3.bin <- "delete the file as its not valid rom file"

Lets say i will rename the two first as them are valid, but don´t has right name and the third and last would i like to delete!

But i can´t do it as the RomCenter will mess everything up ether it will "rename folders/rename roms - zip them" or just remove the folders

Anyone more got this problem then me or is it just me that found this as a big problem?

Another great thing would be if it automatic can delete empty folders, and have it optional if you will pack your stuff or not as its maybe not what you would like to do!

/ Slaktarn

RomCenter
Author
Author

Re: Rename/Delete Roms

Post by RomCenter »

Romcenter should rename your roms and remove empty folder.
Which dat are you using ?
Eric - RomCenter developer
Report bugs here.

Slaktarn
Galaga
Galaga

Post by Slaktarn »

RomCenter wrote:Romcenter should rename your roms and remove empty folder.
Which dat are you using ?
I use the latest one! "3.7.1", fun did miss that question i use a own dat i made, but its not a dat problem its how the romcenter handle its options

RomCenter, the problem is that you can´t in any option of the RomCenter set what you like it to do it has lack of options,

You need to have this ones "Zip/7Zip" / "Rename Files" / "Remove Bad Files"

Here are my settings atm

Im my eyes this would "Delete corrupted files <- Delete bad files mismatching crc i think/Remove useless files <- Delete every file that not is a rom file in dat file/Remove useless roms <- delete duplicate roms i think/Rename roms <- Rename every rom that not match the name in dat file"

So what happen when i set fix game on this thing?

Code: Select all

Fix incorrect rom files
TreeView selection: 1
Rom mode : split
Bios mode : split
Sample mode : merged
Plugin : arcade.dll
Threads : 10
Green games : 23, yellow games : 0, red games : 8540
--->Rezip: disabled
--->Test archives: disabled
--->Rename files: disabled
--->Fix samples: disabled
--->Remove roms (pass 1)
  No empty files to remove
  Create new file two\Warpspeed (U) [!].zip for rom Warpspeed.gen
  Move rom two\NTSC/Warpspeed.gen to two\Warpspeed (U) [!].zip/Warpspeed (U) [!].gen
  Create new file two\Warrior of Rome (U) [!].zip for rom Warrior of Rome.gen
  Move rom two\NTSC/Warrior of Rome.gen to two\Warrior of Rome (U) [!].zip/Warrior of Rome (U) [!].gen
  Create new file two\Warsong (U) [!].zip for rom Warsong.gen
  Move rom two\NTSC/Warsong.gen to two\Warsong (U) [!].zip/Warsong (U) [!].gen
  Create new file two\Wayne's World (U) [c][!].zip for rom Wayne's World.gen
  Move rom two\NTSC/Wayne's World.gen to two\Wayne's World (U) [c][!].zip/Wayne's World (U) [c][!].gen
  Create new file two\Weaponlord (U) [!].zip for rom Weaponlord.gen
  Move rom two\NTSC/Weaponlord.gen to two\Weaponlord (U) [!].zip/Weaponlord (U) [!].gen
  Create new file two\Warrior of Rome II (U) [c][!].zip for rom Wf Rome II.gen
  Move rom two\NTSC/Wf Rome II.gen to two\Warrior of Rome II (U) [c][!].zip/Warrior of Rome II (U) [c][!].gen
  Create new file two\Wheel of Fortune (U) [!].zip for rom Wheel of Fortune.gen
  Move rom two\NTSC/Wheel of Fortune.gen to two\Wheel of Fortune (U) [!].zip/Wheel of Fortune (U) [!].gen
  Create new file two\Whip Rush 2222 AD (U) [!].zip for rom Whip 2222 AD.gen
  Move rom two\NTSC/Whip 2222 AD.gen to two\Whip Rush 2222 AD (U) [!].zip/Whip Rush 2222 AD (U) [!].gen
  Create new file two\Wolf Child (U) [c][!].zip for rom Wolf Child.gen
  Move rom two\NTSC/Wolf Child.gen to two\Wolf Child (U) [c][!].zip/Wolf Child (U) [c][!].gen
  Create new file two\Wayne Gretzsky NHLPA All-Stars (UE) [!].zip for rom Wayne Gretzsky NHLPA All-Stars.gen
  Move rom two\PAL/Wayne Gretzsky NHLPA All-Stars.gen to two\Wayne Gretzsky NHLPA All-Stars (UE) [!].zip/Wayne Gretzsky NHLPA All-Stars (UE) [!].gen
  Create new file two\Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego (E) (M5).zip for rom Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego.gen
  Move rom two\PAL/Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego.gen to two\Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego (E) (M5).zip/Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego (E) (M5).gen
  Create new file two\Where in Time is Carmen Sandiego (UE) (M5) [!].zip for rom Where in Time is Carmen Sandiego.gen
  Move rom two\PAL/Where in Time is Carmen Sandiego.gen to two\Where in Time is Carmen Sandiego (UE) (M5) [!].zip/Where in Time is Carmen Sandiego (UE) (M5) [!].gen
  Create new file two\Williams Arcade's Greatest Hits (E).zip for rom Williams Arcade's Greatest Hits.gen
  Move rom two\PAL/Williams Arcade's Greatest Hits.gen to two\Williams Arcade's Greatest Hits (E).zip/Williams Arcade's Greatest Hits (E).gen
  Create new file two\Wimbledon Championship Tennis (E) [!].zip for rom Wimbledon Championship Tennis.gen
  Move rom two\PAL/Wimbledon Championship Tennis.gen to two\Wimbledon Championship Tennis (E) [!].zip/Wimbledon Championship Tennis (E) [!].gen
  Create new file two\Winter Challenge (UE) [!].zip for rom Winter Challenge.gen
  Move rom two\PAL/Winter Challenge.gen to two\Winter Challenge (UE) [!].zip/Winter Challenge (UE) [!].gen
  Create new file two\Wiz 'n' Liz - The Frantic Wabbit Wescue (E) [!].zip for rom Wiz 'n' Liz - The Frantic Wabbit Wescue.gen
  Move rom two\PAL/Wiz 'n' Liz - The Frantic Wabbit Wescue.gen to two\Wiz 'n' Liz - The Frantic Wabbit Wescue (E) [!].zip/Wiz 'n' Liz - The Frantic Wabbit Wescue (E) [!].gen
  Create new file two\Wolverine Adamantium Rage (UE) [!].zip for rom Wolverine Adamantium Rage.gen
  Move rom two\PAL/Wolverine Adamantium Rage.gen to two\Wolverine Adamantium Rage (UE) [!].zip/Wolverine Adamantium Rage (UE) [!].gen
  Create new file two\Wonder Boy III - Monster Lair (JE) [c][!].zip for rom Wonder Boy III - Monster Lair.gen
  Move rom two\PAL/Wonder Boy III - Monster Lair.gen to two\Wonder Boy III - Monster Lair (JE) [c][!].zip/Wonder Boy III - Monster Lair (JE) [c][!].gen
  Create new file two\Wonder Boy in Monster World (UE) [!].zip for rom Wonder Boy in Monster World.gen
  Move rom two\PAL/Wonder Boy in Monster World.gen to two\Wonder Boy in Monster World (UE) [!].zip/Wonder Boy in Monster World (UE) [!].gen
  Create new file two\World Cup Italia 90 (E) [!].zip for rom World Cup Italia 90.gen
  Move rom two\PAL/World Cup Italia 90.gen to two\World Cup Italia 90 (E) [!].zip/World Cup Italia 90 (E) [!].gen
  Update date and size of file two\Warrior of Rome II (U) [c][!].zip
  Update date and size of file two\Wheel of Fortune (U) [!].zip
  Update date and size of file two\Whip Rush 2222 AD (U) [!].zip
  Update date and size of file two\Wolf Child (U) [c][!].zip
  Update date and size of file two\Wayne Gretzsky NHLPA All-Stars (UE) [!].zip
  Update date and size of file two\Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego (E) (M5).zip
  Update date and size of file two\Where in Time is Carmen Sandiego (UE) (M5) [!].zip
  Update date and size of file two\Williams Arcade's Greatest Hits (E).zip
  Update date and size of file two\Wimbledon Championship Tennis (E) [!].zip
  Update date and size of file two\Winter Challenge (UE) [!].zip
  Update date and size of file two\Wiz 'n' Liz - The Frantic Wabbit Wescue (E) [!].zip
  Update date and size of file two\Wolverine Adamantium Rage (UE) [!].zip
  Update date and size of file two\Wonder Boy III - Monster Lair (JE) [c][!].zip
  Update date and size of file two\Wonder Boy in Monster World (UE) [!].zip
  Update date and size of file two\World Cup Italia 90 (E) [!].zip
  Update date and size of file two\NTSC
  Update date and size of folder content
  Update date and size of file two\PAL
  Update date and size of folder content
  Update date and size of file two\Warpspeed (U) [!].zip
  Update date and size of file two\Warrior of Rome (U) [!].zip
  Update date and size of file two\Warsong (U) [!].zip
  Update date and size of file two\Wayne's World (U) [c][!].zip
  Update date and size of file two\Weaponlord (U) [!].zip
Done. Roms removed: 20 in 0h 0m 7s
--->Rename roms
21956 - Rom two\NTCS-J/Wondy.gen renamed to Wonder Library (J) [!].gen
13288 - Rom two\NTSC/Wr.gen renamed to Wardner (U) [!].gen
45636 - Rom two\PAL/Warlock.gen renamed to Warlock (UE) [!].gen
Done. Roms renamed: 3 in 0h 0m 0s
3 threads used(max 10)
--->Import missing roms: disabled
--->Create dummies: disabled
--->Create ghost games: disabled
--->Remove roms (pass 2)
  No empty files to remove
  No roms to remove
Done. Roms removed: 0 in 0h 0m 0s
--->Remove files
Files removed are moved to recycle bin
File two\Delete unknown: removed
Done. Files removed: 1 in 0h 0m 0s
--->Remove zip comments: disabled
Refreshing database status
Updating games status
Status updated for 8563 items.
Updating fileslist
--->End fixing
----------------------------------

--->Test archives: disabled
---> 20 Roms removed in 0h 0m 7s
---> 3 Roms renamed in 0h 0m 0s
--->Import missing roms: disabled
--->Create dummies: disabled
--->Create ghost games: disabled
---> 1 Files removed in 0h 0m 0s
--->Rezip: disabled
--->Remove zip comments: disabled

---> Total files fixed:    1
---> Total roms fixed:     23
---> Corrupted files:      0
---> Total Execution time: 0h 0m 8s
----------------------------------
  Query Paths list
Ready
First of all, it moved all files in etch folder to working directory "wtf? i never told it to move any files!"

Also it keep one file in every folder strange in my eyes, it has to be every file! As i never told it to move anything from anything

Second it renamed all moved files in work directory and zipped them "Wtf? i never told it to zip them just rename?

Last i can tell that the datfile is one that i created whit ClrNamePro and its nothing wrong on it i have a own little tool custom build in C# to do this for me in a correct way and works 100%

/Mvh Slaktarn

RomCenter
Author
Author

Post by RomCenter »

Hi

Sorry for the delay. Unfortunatly, I won't update rc3 anymore, as the version 4 will soon be ready. I'm working every day on it, but it takes time.
It is a compleat rewrite, so things will be different.
Fyi, I'm currently working on db optimization to have decent speed on big database (mame with lots of files).

More info soon.
Eric - RomCenter developer
Report bugs here.