Exclude non working but green Roms?

Get help with running Romcenter 3 here. Please do not post roms requests or illegal links, posts will be deleted.

Moderator: Wanderer

Forum rules
No roms requests or illegal links
willi9999

Exclude non working but green Roms?

Post by willi9999 »

Hy!
First thanks for Romcenter, its great.
I have let Romcenter go through my database, now I have green and red Roms.

The problem I try to solfe is how to delete/filter all green roms that contain games that mame states don´t work at the second splash screen in mame (First splash screen: Playing roms you dont own is illegal, Second: This game doesnt work, Rom dump incomplete, etc.., Third: CPU etc..) ? I have a lot of Roms and most of them dont work, i.e. almost all roms >100mb or all roms using powerpc >100mhz dont seem to work yet, also virtua cop etc..

Thanks!

RomCenter
Author
Author

Re: Exclude non working but green Roms?

Post by RomCenter »

Hi

The mame 'working status' is not imported in romcenter. So you can't filter it. You can filter unknown and bad dumps which can prevent games from working by clicking the icon column (bad dumps have a cross)

To remove not working games, you have to filter them before importing in romcenter. Have a look at datutil.exe (included in romcenter). Maybe you can create a filtered datafile using datutil command line parameters and then import it in romcenter.
Eric - RomCenter developer
Report bugs here.

willi9999

Post by willi9999 »

Hy, thanks for the answer. There is a second problem, I got plenty of roms that exit with a list of missing eproms, can those be filtered out? They show as green in romcenter, i.e. Soul Calibur II, mame states: sc21-dvd0d.chd not found. Is this a non-complete game or my error to not have the right zip?

RomCenter
Author
Author

Post by RomCenter »

Chd is a Compressed Hard Drive. The game is stored on it.
Eric - RomCenter developer
Report bugs here.