RomCenter 3.55 issues

Get help with running Romcenter 3 here. Please do not post roms requests or illegal links, posts will be deleted.

Moderator: Wanderer

Forum rules
No roms requests or illegal links
Wanderer
Board master
Board master

RomCenter 3.55 issues

Post by Wanderer »

Created a new database. Added 2 rom paths plus a 3rd for samples. When all paths were loaded, i went to preferences to change the samples mode to split and select the samples rom path.

Issue #1: When selecting "split" samples mode, the combobox below remains disabled, so no samples path can be selected.
Issue #2: With the combobox disabled, if you select "split" mode and press OK, you get a message saying "In sample split mode, select a sample folder". Pressing OK there, a new message appears: "cannot focus a disabled or invisible window".

Eric if possible please fix this and post a new release because selecting sample split mode may be a "must" for some people. Thanks.

P.S.: Funny. When you click on the combobox, it gets enabled! I guess since there's a workaround, there's no need for a new release asap.

Wanderer
Board master
Board master

Re: RomCenter 3.55 issues

Post by Wanderer »

Another small issue i noticed. Let's say there's a folder containing CHDs only. Adding a CHD file (i.e. usagui) directly to this folder (without creating a subfolder for the CHD) and refreshing it in RC, the file is displayed but with comment "folder needed". Upon fixing the CHDs folder, a subfolder is created, the CHD file is moved into it and marked green but if the CHD folder is refreshed again (F5), this is what is displayed in the log:

Code: Select all

Check modified files
  Remove file usagui
1 file removed
Check new files
  Adding folder usagui\ to the Database
1 file added
Refreshing database status
Updating games status
IMO this step (removal of the direct-file from the database and addition of the subfolder) should occur directly after the fixing. There should be no need for a refresh for this to happen, right?

RomCenter
Author
Author

Post by RomCenter »

That's right. Thank you for the report.

I'm looking at it.
Eric - RomCenter developer
Report bugs here.

Wanderer
Board master
Board master

Post by Wanderer »

Typos in Database Statistics...
Number of files: 188
186 identified files (99,98%)
2 unkown files (0,02%)
That should be unknown :)

Also, somewhere above, it says "x bads dumps". Should be "bad" not "bads".

RomCenter
Author
Author

Post by RomCenter »

I have fixed a chd identification bug, but it didn't fix your bug. I will now fix it and release a 3.56.
Eric - RomCenter developer
Report bugs here.