99% of NES roms are unknown

Get help with running Romcenter 3 here. Please do not post roms requests or illegal links, posts will be deleted.

Moderator: Wanderer

Forum rules
No roms requests or illegal links
snipersspam

99% of NES roms are unknown

Post by snipersspam »

I downloaded the latest NES.dat file.

I compared to my NES roms and 43 out of 2614 are good, the rest are unknown....yet nestopia 1.4 plays them all perfectly...

I am new to this but don't understand what the problem is....I would eventually like to get these working for Hyperspin-FE....

Wanderer
Board master
Board master

Re: 99% of NES roms are unknown

Post by Wanderer »

snipersspam wrote:I downloaded the latest NES.dat file.
I'm not into NES at all, but i'm guessing the latest NES.dat file is not "compatible" with nestopia 1.4. Each dat file is "compatible" with a certain version of a certain emulator. It contains info about the games supported by the specific version of this emulator, their rom names and checksums so that Romcenter can validate them. You should probably search for the appropriate dat file.

RomCenter
Author
Author

Post by RomCenter »

Did you download the no-intro 'Nintendo - Nintendo Entertainment System Parent-Clone' ?
This dat (included in romcenter distribution) uses the nes plugin to allow correct detection of all nes file format. A 'standart' dat will only recognize one given format.
Eric - RomCenter developer
Report bugs here.

snipersspam

Post by snipersspam »

RomCenter wrote:Did you download the no-intro 'Nintendo - Nintendo Entertainment System Parent-Clone' ?
This dat (included in romcenter distribution) uses the nes plugin to allow correct detection of all nes file format. A 'standart' dat will only recognize one given format.
Thanks man! This worked, all but 3 are green now! Now to figure out why hyperspin won't execute the rom (It just hangs with no error message when I try to launch the rom) :-(