Problem with Mame 0.141 Dat file : aristmk4 game

Get help with running Romcenter 3 here. Please do not post roms requests or illegal links, posts will be deleted.

Moderator: Wanderer

Forum rules
No roms requests or illegal links
Andypc
Pong
Pong

Problem with Mame 0.141 Dat file : aristmk4 game

Post by Andypc »

I'm not sure if this is a problem with Romcenter or Mame. I used Romcenter 3.54 to create a Dat file (.rdt) for Mame 0.141 from the standard mame.exe

I have checked my rom set and it shows that I am missing one CHD file and 17 samples.
The 17 samples all appear to be the same "Tick.wav". The CRC is shown as blank and size N/A.
I have the correct sample in "aristmk4.zip" and have downloaded it again from "http://samples.mameworld.info/" to double check.
The correct "Tick.wav" is showing a CRC of 52ad2b5a and is 386 bytes. I believe this is the correct sample, but it is not recognised as it has a CRC and the Dat file created shows the correct CRC as blank.
I am also having the same problem with CHD file "gld-0039.chd" the Dat in Romcenter is showing the CRC/SHA1 as blank, but the file I have is returning a CRC/SHA1 of:- ffc7f6e113ad96422a4f22f318bdf9b1dc5c25db.

Any help would be appreciated.

RomCenter
Author
Author

Re: Problem with Mame 0.141 Dat file

Post by RomCenter »

Hi AndyPc and happy new year.

A blank crc means the crc is not known yet (at dat or emulator realease date).
Any crc will be accepted in this case, the check is only done on the file name and size. This is always the case with samples, as they result from a sound recording which will never be perfect compared to the original.

I have to check if this is really a bug. Stay tuned.
Eric - RomCenter developer
Report bugs here.

RomCenter
Author
Author

Re: Problem with Mame 0.141 Dat file : aristmk4 game

Post by RomCenter »

It seems the problem comes from mame 0.141 dat:

The game 3bagflvt is defined as follow:
<game name="3bagflvt" sourcefile="aristmk4.c" sampleof="aristmk4">
Samples are supposed to come from aristmk4 file, and this file is not defined anywhere in the dat.

Note that the same problem occurs for aristmk5 with romof tag:
<game name="indiandr" sourcefile="aristmk5.c" romof="aristmk5">

I'm afraid there is nothing to do but waiting the next release and maybe post a msg to the mame team. :?
Eric - RomCenter developer
Report bugs here.