romcenter does'nt automatically zip roms...

Get help with running Romcenter 3 here. Please do not post roms requests or illegal links, posts will be deleted.

Moderator: Wanderer

Forum rules
No roms requests or illegal links
nayoz

romcenter does'nt automatically zip roms...

Post by nayoz »

am i doing something wrong ?

i got 1 file unzipped, and as hard as i try i cant automatically zip it using romcenter... is it possible to do it in romcenter ?

also i had about 300 zipped and 300 duplicate unzipped files... i tried to delete the 300 unzipped files with remove not needed roms command but it didnt work
i had to manually select all unzipped roms within romcenter , select with shift + pgdown and delete (also got warning of 1 unique file...)

is there a safest way to delete unzipped duplicates ?

how do i set romcenter to automatically try to zip every rom, and delete duplicates ?

RomCenter
Author
Author

Re: romcenter does'nt automatically zip roms...

Post by RomCenter »

You can't currently zip an unzipped file. This will be added in the future 4.0 version later this year. Until then, you can find some batch zipping tools. zipmany or ultrazip have been reporting working.

Duplicates are removed among zip, or folders or unzipped, but not cross formats. To remove all unzipped roms for example, sort by icon (click the icon column header), select all unzipped files (ctrl +) and click delete. This process is safe, as it will warn you if you try to remove a unique rom (not duplicated).
Eric - RomCenter developer
Report bugs here.