Gray Icons not displayed? [3.54] [found how to reproduce]

Get help with running Romcenter 3 here. Please do not post roms requests or illegal links, posts will be deleted.

Moderator: Wanderer

Forum rules
No roms requests or illegal links
m1k3ol
PacMan
PacMan

Gray Icons not displayed? [3.54] [found how to reproduce]

Post by m1k3ol »

I dunno if I'm overlooking an option, but I already surfed through all the options...

are the "gray" game/rom icons not displayed anymore on the rom paths?, it shows up on the small list on top (icons with numbers of files, like 9green,7 yellow and 3 gray for example) but not on the romalisting of the rom path itself (only green and yellow shows up)

-maybe- it is a problem of the data file itself since it was meant to be used on offline listing or clrmamepro, but at least the files should be on the list displayed as "other" or "unknown" isn't it?
Last edited by m1k3ol on Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RomCenter
Author
Author

Re: Gray Icons not displayed? [3.54]

Post by RomCenter »

Hi

They should be displayed, I have no problems with that. Check if the 'gray file' filter is enabled (gray button pushed on the left side tool bar)
Eric - RomCenter developer
Report bugs here.

m1k3ol
PacMan
PacMan

Post by m1k3ol »

I double checked that :P, been using romcenter since the winkawaks emulator was on the 1.36 version (or older) :P

this is the best tool for me....

strange thing is....it looks to be solved....out of the blue O_o

only thing I've done so far was getting a new external drive (1.5tb) and moved everything there (files and romcenter included), I had to re-add the rompath again and it just started displaying the gray "unknown" files correctly (as always)......dunno if maybe the old drive was the problem or not....but it is fixed so I think it was something wrong on my hardware....

thanks alot for the help ;), it's nice to see how much this tool has been advancing throughout the years....excellent work!

m1k3ol
PacMan
PacMan

Post by m1k3ol »

(sorry for double post, intended for clearer reading)

wut?, I was able to reproduce the bug!

turns out, it only happens when I have multiple rom paths for the -same- database....

the database loaded is one for virtual console files for the wii.

I have them split according to file type, all folders are under a main folder, like this:

(drive root)
-Virtual console
--C64
--Gen
--N64
--NeoGeo
--NES
--SMS
--SNES
--TGX-16
--VC Arcade

I load the database, and then add each rom path separately under it

gray icons (unknown) stops showing up on the rom path list (but not on the info bar on top, marking 1, 2, 3, etc.) after all paths are added.....this doesn't happen if I load fewer paths (I got the gray icons properly on the first 2 paths added, for example)

hope this helps :), looks like it was not my hardware after all :P
(yay, now I finally remember my older account login for the forum)

RomCenter
Author
Author

Re: Gray Icons not displayed? [3.54] [found how to reproduce

Post by RomCenter »

I will check that for next version
Report bugs here.

RomCenter
Author
Author

Post by RomCenter »

I can't reproduce with your paths.
Maybe a filename has a strange character in it which break the file browser before the end of the list...

- Locate the folder which produce no grey icon and try to load only this one in rc.
- If you still have no grey icons, backup the folder, delete all files correctly displayed (green/yellow/red), keeping on the folder only files not displayed.
- Then search the filenames for non-alpha characters
- You can try to remove these char to see if it helps.
Report bugs here.

m1k3ol
PacMan
PacMan

Post by m1k3ol »

ok, just tested today, the folder giving the problem is the second one....thing is, I removed the path and just readded it again....everything was fixed even though I re-added it....there's not a single "weird" character on the names that is not on other folders (like, an ' on "robotnik's", unless that character is not ment to be there)

weird...but working again....