Can the CRCs of ROMs be fixed with RomCenter?

Get help with running Romcenter 3 here. Please do not post roms requests or illegal links, posts will be deleted.

Moderator: Wanderer

Forum rules
No roms requests or illegal links

Post by Guest »

Can Roms be patched by RomCenter?

If so, then how? I have Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon 2003 (cthd2003.zip), and the 5003-s1.bin 's CRC is 6b96d17d when it is supposed to be 5ba29aab.

Ad_Enuff
Puzzle bobble
Puzzle bobble

Re: Can the CRCs of ROMs be fixed with RomCenter?

Post by Ad_Enuff »

Anonymous wrote:Can the CRCs of ROMs be fixed with RomCenter?

Can Roms be patched by RomCenter?

If so, then how? I have Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon 2003 (cthd2003.zip), and the 5003-s1.bin 's CRC is 6b96d17d when it is supposed to be 5ba29aab.
Firstly, Romcenter does not allow patching.

Secondly, your talking about a game that is by all accounts "WAREZ"!

This game will NOT be included in MAME until January 2006 onwards at the earliest and therefore a final dump of this game cannot be relied upon until GURU (MAMEDEV) verifies the dump then.

Therefore, any ROM mentioned here on the forums that contravenes this ruling (ie the 3 year rule currently any game from 2003 onwards) will not be answered.

Dweezledap
Street fighter II
Street fighter II

Post by Dweezledap »

Ad_Enuff wrote:Therefore, any ROM mentioned here on the forums that contravenes this ruling (ie the 3 year rule currently any game from 2003 onwards) will not be answered.
I'm not trying to start any trouble, but what is the mentality behind calling a game that is 2 years old "warez" and one that is 3 "not warez"?
Let's face it, they are all copyrighted material. Anyway you look at it if you have not payed for it.....it is illegal to own or use.
This is like saying it is ok to install a pirated version of Windows 98SE, but not ok to install a pirated version of Windows Xp Home.
Lets not get into the legalities or morality of collecting roms, and please don't insinuate one game is worse or better than another. An Atari 2600 rom, a playstation 2 iso, or a Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon 2003 CHD are all the same no matter what "ruling" some group of people try to place on it.

We are all involved in this as a hobby or to preserve the history of arcade and console game systems. Lets keep it fun and educational and try not to discourage someone from asking questions because of some made up "rule" that has no relevance to the question.
Last edited by Dweezledap on Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"He was a wise man who invented beer."
Plato.

Ad_Enuff
Puzzle bobble
Puzzle bobble

Post by Ad_Enuff »

Dweezledap wrote: I'm not trying to start any trouble, but what is the mentality behind calling a game that is 2 years old "warez" and one that is 3 "not warez"?
If you want a full reason to this go and ask MAMEdev. ITs their ruling and its based on profitablity of arcades as a business and arcade game manufacturers ie SEGA, Konami, NAMCO etc etc etc.

I'm not here to continue a flame war.......if you want to, go ask MAMEdev and flame them.

denzilla

Post by denzilla »

MAME Dev want to make sure that the actual arcade machine isn't generating profit for the game company and that the game is nolonger in production. Thats all you need to know. Don't ask MAME Dev anything like this as it will only piss them off. The purpose of the project is to preserve classic games, not to allow you to play kof2009 at home the day its released in the arcade. I'm not innocent, but please use some common sense when asking questions of this nature.

Dweezledap
Street fighter II
Street fighter II

Post by Dweezledap »

The question was about how to use RomCenter. The point I was trying to make is whether a game is or is not "Warez" has no bearing to the question itself.
Ad_Enuff wrote:I'm not here to continue a flame war.......if you want to, go ask MAMEdev and flame them.
This is not my intention. From your posts it is quite obvious that your are very knowledgeable on all things emulation and are a true asset to this forum.
I just felt the Warez statement had no relevance to the question. If I have stepped out of line, I do apologize. :(
"He was a wise man who invented beer."
Plato.

Ad_Enuff
Puzzle bobble
Puzzle bobble

Post by Ad_Enuff »

Dweezledap wrote:The question was about how to use RomCenter. The point I was trying to make is whether a game is or is not "Warez" has no bearing to the question itself.
His original question was about patching of which I answered.

His second was about "Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon 2003 CHD".

According to MAMEdev this game is considered by them as WAREZ because it contravenes the 3 year rule.

Therefore as Logiqx andRomcenter also do not wish to condone illegal roms or "Warez" any question about that woudl go unanswered.

If the question was about say for instance "Pac-Man" it would have been answered.

Its a simple as that......