Screenshot - Startcenter!

Get help with running Romcenter 3 here. Please do not post roms requests or illegal links, posts will be deleted.

Moderator: Wanderer

Forum rules
No roms requests or illegal links
.:sYn:.

Screenshot - Startcenter!

Post by .:sYn:. »

Hi,

i love the ablility to look at nice screenshots to start the NEO-GEO-Roms in NeoRageX. Very cool feature....... i love it.

I search for this kind of tool for every console/arcade/com-emu. Ill have take a look at Romcenter, but they dont support Screenshots..... and only one Emulator at once to start games (????!!! ?) Hmmm, why they dont implement this cool option. :-(

Sometimes, i think, i should write such as tool for my own, but im only a pro-dev in php4 ;-) That doesnt helps me in this case :-(

I think, there is an port for Mame for Cabinets to select games by screenshots.

I think about an startcenter like Romcenter with multi-Emustarter-Suport (by mime-types) and multiple categorized screenshots

gscs_a = startscreens
gscs_b = ingameshots
gscs_c = fun-shots

and categorized infos

ginf_a = general game infos
ginf_b = walkthroughs
ginf_c = hints and eastereggs

and version-selector (with set "start default game" option)

Zelda US
Zelda GE
Zelda JP

I like the options of romcenter, to create lists of games, that are not in my repository.

An update-mechanism for screenshots an infos could be a fine option.
Maybe an updated-list of sites, providing downloads of missing games as well.

Hmmm, im still dreaming of it..... its chrismas today !

Maybe somebody think also, such a tool is a cool tool for all emus.

Regards,

Btw, i think, i post that tread to another forum... but i think, here, it fits better ;-)

Another feature!

I think, a bookmark mecanism will be fine.

Our son, my girlfrind and i have some fav-games. But we often have problems, to find them in our repository of games......

Whats about an Favourites-Option in Romcenter.....

Ad_Enuff
Puzzle bobble
Puzzle bobble

Post by Ad_Enuff »

I'm unsure why you would want to use romcenter with screenshots?

Romcenter and clrMAMEPro are just rom audting programs checking for bad and missing roms.

Adding further non essential parts to it will only slow it down.

RC requiries alot more tweaks and fixes and new features in terms of rom auditing before we start adding fancy screenshots etc.

its not essential, but a good feature.

But i know, performance and basic-features a top prioity! Ok.

Regards,
Andreas

Dweezledap
Street fighter II
Street fighter II

Post by Dweezledap »

Ad_Enuff wrote:Romcenter and clrMAMEPro are just rom audting programs checking for bad and missing roms.
RomCenter "can" be used as a basic frontend for emulators that support command line. Adding screenshots and other features would increase the usability and appeal of RomCenter.
Just my 2 cents :)
"He was a wise man who invented beer."
Plato.

Dweezledap
Street fighter II
Street fighter II

Post by Dweezledap »

Ad_Enuff wrote:RC requiries alot more tweaks and fixes and new features in terms of rom auditing before we start adding fancy screenshots etc.
Just curious. what fixes, tweaks, and new features do you suggest?
Other than creating plugins for some rom sets I have found no problems with RomCenter.
Because of Its support for plugins it is, hands down, much more accurate than ClrMamePro when it comes to the Good Sets.
It has many features that ClrMamePro does'nt and supports virtually all the features that it does. Not to mention it is much easier to use.

Don't get me wrong.... ClrMamePro is an excellent Rom Manager when it comes to MAME but it falls short on other non-MAME rom sets.

Again just my 2 cents :)
"He was a wise man who invented beer."
Plato.

Ad_Enuff
Puzzle bobble
Puzzle bobble

Post by Ad_Enuff »

Dweezledap wrote:Just curious. what fixes, tweaks, and new features do you suggest?
There is already a thread with suggestions in and Eric is fully aware of major fixes that need to be added.

eg MD5 Hard disk recognition.

There are still irregularities with RC's database compared to clr. When I run clr I get no errors or faults and 100% complete romset for MAME.

But when running RC on teh same datbase you get annomalies, plus hard disks aren't verified (see above for why).

Screenshots and RC's ability to run emulators is secondary to anything else in terms of teh rom auditing structure of which RC was especially built for.

Logiqx
Puzzle bobble
Puzzle bobble

Post by Logiqx »

Ad_Enuff wrote:eg MD5 Hard disk recognition.
Also MD5 for ROMs if the information is in the dat. The same applies for SHA1.

In actual fact, I only use CRC and SHA1 for ROMs and disks (I don't use MD5 because all 3 would be complete overkill and increase the size of data files enormously).
Ad_Enuff wrote:There are still irregularities with RC's database compared to clr. When I run clr I get no errors or faults and 100% complete romset for MAME.
Yes, like the shootgal problem where it needs to contain a ROM from an unrelated resource.
Ad_Enuff wrote:Screenshots and RC's ability to run emulators is secondary to anything else in terms of teh rom auditing structure of which RC was especially built for.
Agreed, and you'd also get into the situation where you find yourself auditing the images before auditing ROMs, lol.