My Fix wont Fix... need assistance

Get help with running Romcenter 3 here. Please do not post roms requests or illegal links, posts will be deleted.

Moderator: Wanderer

Forum rules
No roms requests or illegal links
Darrigaaz

My Fix wont Fix... need assistance

Post by Darrigaaz »

Im having some trouble with romcenter... The fix button on my romcenter is unselectable. i tried the included help file, but nothing i do works.

Could someone please IM me @ Darrigaaz and walk me through it.

Or over the forums...

And i have one other question: what are clones?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Iron Man
Street fighter II
Street fighter II

Post by Iron Man »

Clones are most of the times nearly the same roms/Games as the Parent (master) Sets of the games.

They are usually bootlegs that are the only working version of the game or older / other language(region) version of the game.
'Now the time is here
for Iron Man to spread fear,
Vengeance from the grave
kills the people he once saved'

© Black Sabbath '70
*grunt* Metal *gnarf*

Darrigaaz2422
Pong
Pong

Post by Darrigaaz2422 »

Thank you
I still cant figure out what i'm doing wrong. I'm fairly new to emulation, and i can be quite the idiot, so whatever mistake i'm making is probably fairly simple. I'm trying to run neo geo roms (aof3) through kawaks, but i am unable.

I recieve the error message "couldn't find 096-p1.bin (9edb420d) for game, ERROR".

Through FAQs i have read online, i have pointed toward romcenter. I tried following the quick start intructions in the help file, and also read other parts o the help file for, well, help... but i am still as beffudled as ever.

If there are any other details of my plight that i should include, please let me know.
(P.S. Sabbath Rules!)

Iron Man
Street fighter II
Street fighter II

Post by Iron Man »

You surely should read the documentation comming with the Emulator, read the Easyemu FAQ and read the NeoGeo FAQ (links can be found in one of the three top threads here on the board).

The error you got looks like you need to fix your romset, they changed recently and Kawaks adopted this first. So you need

a) one of the fixing tools for this matter (Clrmame / Logiqx's special Rombuild version - last question in the NeoGeo FAQ)

b) redownload the set

c) use an older Emulator version (i dont recommend this one)

And thanks, yes Sabbath forever 8)
'Now the time is here
for Iron Man to spread fear,
Vengeance from the grave
kills the people he once saved'

© Black Sabbath '70
*grunt* Metal *gnarf*

Post by Guest »

Thanks alot for the help, i'll get right on that.

You guys have great support here! Very fast responses! :D

pissedoffman

9 hours of failure thru this :(

Post by pissedoffman »

omg i been trying this sh*t to work since 9am, i never had trouble with emulators and roms before, but lately it so hard because of the different versions.

IF ANYONE OUT THERE WANTS TO BE MY LIFE SAVIOUR AND STRESS RELEIVER! please tell me how i can make the the roms/games/zip into green please plzplzplzplzplz.

greatly appreciated.

stressed boi.

p.s: i think i keep doign the same mistakes over and over.

RomCenter
Author
Author

Post by RomCenter »

RomCenter is here to solve all these roms problems.

1 - Get the correct datafile for your emulator. (you can go to Logiqx web site and download it.)
2 - Copy the datafile in romcenter/datas folder
3 - Run Romcenter and select the datafile in the drop down list
4 - drag and drop all your roms folder in the romcenter left view
5 - click roms folders you just add in romcenter and see what's right (yellow or green) and wrong (red and grey).
6 - Fix yellow files to turn them into green. Red and grey files are not complete, some roms are probably missing, or bad. Theses roms will never work. You have to download them again, or, in some very special cases (mostly neogeo), use a tool to convert them. See Logiqx web site for such tools.
Eric - RomCenter developer
Report bugs here.