Romcenter doesn't recognize my roms, please help.

Get help with running Romcenter 3 here. Please do not post roms requests or illegal links, posts will be deleted.

Moderator: Wanderer

Forum rules
No roms requests or illegal links
meatwad

Romcenter doesn't recognize my roms, please help.

Post by meatwad »

I'm trying to run neogeo games in winkawaks. I downloaded and installed the winkawaks and neogeo .dat files and romcenter doesn't recognize the roms.

It does recognize certain cps2 roms but neogeo just doesn't work. What am I doing wrong?

RomCenter
Author
Author

Post by RomCenter »

You need the neogeo bios (neogeo.zip) to play any neogeo games.

Does it help ?
Eric - RomCenter developer
Report bugs here.

meatwad

Post by meatwad »

I have the bios files.

I use neoragex for my neogeo games but certain newer roms don't work.
Now I'm trying to get those roms to work on winkawaks.

Winkawaks runs fine, but it doesn't accept my neogeo roms.
I'm trying to convert/fix them with romcenter so I can use them, but romcenter doesn't recognize my neogeo roms.

Dweezledap
Street fighter II
Street fighter II

Post by Dweezledap »

RomCenter is basically only a renamer. What you need is a tool called RomBuild. You can find it at Loqix page.
http://www.logiqx.com/
"He was a wise man who invented beer."
Plato.

meatwad

Post by meatwad »

RomBuilder doesn't work. It doesn't support winkawaks and it doesn't support newer roms (sengoku 3).
I'm not sure if that game is supported by MAME.

The stupid thing is I got it to work a few months ago using Romcenter. I suppose I just renamed it.

The problem is RomCenter doesn't recognize any neogeo games now so I can't fix/rename them.

RomCenter
Author
Author

Post by RomCenter »

Afaik, usual distribution of kawaks doesn't support recent games (like sengoku 3) and mame doesn't as well.
You must also know that there are a lot of differences between first dumps of neogeo roms (used by neoragex), and actual redumps used by mame. You can't just rename the old rom to get new one. Some tools exists to do that, but I don't remember their names right now. :(
Eric - RomCenter developer
Report bugs here.

meatwad

Post by meatwad »

My version of kawaks does support sengoku 3 and I got it to work before :cry:

I downloaded and added most of the datafiles on this site now and all of the neogeo roms appear as "unknown files" in Romcenter. They're grey in the list.

I do have more than 30 neogeo roms. Mame can run some of them but Romcenter doesn't recognize them.
Does that mean they're all first dumps?

Iron Man
Street fighter II
Street fighter II

Post by Iron Man »

That does probably mean you have hacked dumps or you use the wrong dat files. But i would bet on some 'Frankenrom' TM shit (sorry).

Go to a 'trustworthy rom site' (Google / Usenet) and get the correct sets. Also some help may be found here:

http://www.hardworks.de/neogeo

http://www.mameworld.net/easyemu
'Now the time is here
for Iron Man to spread fear,
Vengeance from the grave
kills the people he once saved'

© Black Sabbath '70
*grunt* Metal *gnarf*