RomCenter 2.63 news

Get help with running Romcenter 3 here. Please do not post roms requests or illegal links, posts will be deleted.

Moderator: Wanderer

Forum rules
No roms requests or illegal links
RomCenter
Author
Author

RomCenter 2.63 news

Post by RomCenter »

I almost finished the rewrite of the rom resource handler. Here is a pic taken from the new version.

Image[/url]

As you can see, the infos on the right are more detailed, it tells now where the rom comes from.

The bios roms are also displayed in the games for testing, but I will put an option to choose that.

The game status header show also that a bios is needed. I can now tell that a game is complete, but the bios is missing. I still have to find how to show that on screen...

I will now try to fix a crash which happens sometime when fixing roms. I keep a lot of incomplete files to test. I just hope I can reproduce that.

I will also maybe release beta version to public for testing. Tell me what you think.
Eric - RomCenter developer
Report bugs here.

Wanderer
Board master
Board master

Re: RomCenter 2.63 news

Post by Wanderer »

RomCenter wrote:As you can see, the infos on the right are more detailed, it tells now where the rom comes from.
That's great. Perhaps though, the roms that come from other files should have different colors or something. The rom's icon could be half green/yellow/red and half white to indicate that it exists in another zip file/is corrupted in another zip file/is missing from another zip file.
RomCenter wrote:The bios roms are also displayed in the games for testing, but I will put an option to choose that.
That's great too. Again, perhaps the bios roms should have a different color.
RomCenter wrote:The game status header show also that a bios is needed. I can now tell that a game is complete, but the bios is missing. I still have to find how to show that on screen...
Perhaps instead of "Bios", you could put "Existing Bios" if it exists completely or "Missing Bios" if at least one rom is missing. You could also use the half red/half white colors i stated above to indicate that a bios rom should exist in the bios file but is actually missing...
RomCenter wrote:I will also maybe release beta version to public for testing. Tell me what you think.
IMO, that would be nice. Keep it up Eric. RC's fans are still here...

RomCenter
Author
Author

Post by RomCenter »

The pic above show database node, not files node.
Different colors can apply to files node.
I prefer to play with background color (if I find how to do that), because I'm afraid that having a lot of different colored or half colored icons will be very difficult to read and understand...
Report bugs here.

RomCenter
Author
Author

Post by RomCenter »

I added a gray background on roms which are needed to play the game, but are not physically in the file. They are bioses and merged roms.
Two new options are available: showmerged and showbios. These options only affect the database display. Files nodes are affected by the mergerom and mergebios options.
The result is the pic below:

In the rc 262 version, 2020bba appears in green, but it does not work.
In the new beta version, it appears in yellow and I can see why. 8)
Report bugs here.

ultimatepump
PacMan
PacMan

Post by ultimatepump »

I'd be happy to test this new version out!!! Make it available please! :D