Fixed [BUG 3.54]Rom missing after rezipping

Bugs are now stored in a bug tracker application. Click on the "Support/Bug reports" link above.

Moderator: Wanderer

bLiNk

Fixed [BUG 3.54]Rom missing after rezipping

Post by bLiNk »

Topic: Rom missing from archive when rezipping through RC.
Operating System: Windows XP Professional SP3
RomCenter Version Used: 3.54
DAT Used: Nintendo - Game Boy Advance (2010-09-20 12:52:37)
Filename of DAT: Nintendo - Game Boy Advance (20100920_CM).dat
Platform: Game Boy Advance
Problem Rom(s):

2 Games in 1 - SpongeBob SquarePants - Battle for Bikini Bottom + Jimmy Neutron Boy Genius (Europe) (En,Fr,De+En,Fr,De,Es)
2 Games in 1 - SpongeBob SquarePants - Battle for Bikini Bottom + The Fairly OddParents! - Breakin' da Rules (USA)
2 Games in 1 - SpongeBob SquarePants - Revenge of the Flying Dutchman + SpongeBob SquarePants - SuperSponge (Europe)
2 Games in 1 - SpongeBob SquarePants - Revenge of the Flying Dutchman + SpongeBob SquarePants - SuperSponge (USA)
2 Games in 1 - SpongeBob SquarePants - SuperSponge + SpongeBob SquarePants - Battle for Bikini Bottom (Europe) (En+En,Fr,De)
2 Games in 1 - The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie + SpongeBob SquarePants and Friends in Freeze Frame Frenzy (Europe) (En,Fr,De,Es,It,Nl+En,Fr,De,Es,Nl)
3 Games in 1 - Rugrats - I Gotta Go Party + SpongeBob SquarePants - SuperSponge + Tak and the Power of Juju (Europe) (En+En+En,Fr,De)
Prince of Persia - The Sands of Time & Lara Croft Tomb Raider - The Prophecy (Europe) (En,Fr,De,Es,It,Nl+En,Fr,De,Es,It)
Twin Series 4 - Hamu Hamu Monster EX - Hamster Monogatari RPG + Fantasy Puzzle - Hamster Monogatari - Mahou no Meikyuu 1.2.3 (Japan)
Zettaizetsumei Dangerous Jiisan - Naki no 1-kai - Zettaifukujuu Violence Kouchou - Wagahai ga 1-ban Erainjai!! (Japan)

Archive Format Used: Zip
Other Program(s) Used: Rom Zipper 1.25

Description of Problem: Before archiving the Game Boy Advance roms in zip format, I have RomCenter rename all the Game Boy Advance roms to the proper name using the latest DAT at No-Intro.org DAT-o-MATIC website. After the filename conversion (fix) is completed, I have Rom Zipper compress the roms that needs to be compressed before importing them back into RomCenter. See figure 1.

Figure 1

After closing the old rom path and adding the the new rom path to RomCenter, the roms show up in the database as they should be. See figure 2.

Figure 2

Attachment: http://www.mediafire.com/file/zc2ai8009 ... 200654.zip
Note: Log file for adding dat and rom path.

Before having RomCenter rezip the files, I go to preferences located under file menu and make the changes I need under Fix Tab. I apply the settings by hitting the "OK" button. None of the other settings were changed besides what you see in the screenshot. See figure 3.

Figure 3

Clicking the fix button at the top toolbar, RomCenter performs its task as it should be. When RomCenter is finished, the roms that were in the zip file before rezipping them, are now missing. The zip files are still left behind with nothing in them. See figure 4 & 5.

Figure 4

Figure 5

Attachment: http://www.mediafire.com/file/lf95sz4hl ... 204233.zip
Note: Log file for fixing roms.

I have no explanation as to why this is happening to these roms and not the other roms I have in my Game Boy Advance collection.

bLiNk

bLiNk

Re: Rom missing from archive when rezipping through RC

Post by bLiNk »

I would like to make a correction. In my first post, I've mentioned I was using Game Boy Advance (20100920_CM).dat file when I processed my roms. I'm now using Game Boy Advance (20100920_RC).dat in place of the other dat file. However the issue still remains as stated above.

RomCenter
Author
Author

Post by RomCenter »

Hi Blink
Thank you for the very compleat bug report. :super:

I didn't tried yet, but I think maybe it can comes from specials characters in filenames. I noticed a '+', a '&' and a '!' in your files.
I will try to reproduce the problem and fix it if possible.
Eric - RomCenter developer
Report bugs here.

bLiNk

Post by bLiNk »

Thank you for your response. I might have come across another odd behavior/bug with RomCenter that I have no explanation for. I will write another detail report (in a separate topic of course) when I get the chance .

:D

RomCenter
Author
Author

Post by RomCenter »

The full pathname exceed 255 char. You can try to change the 'temporary folder' in settings to a shorter one.
This will be fixed in 3.55.
Eric - RomCenter developer
Report bugs here.