Fixed [BUG 3.40] Romcenter wont put CHD's in folders, but...

Bugs are now stored in a bug tracker application. Click on the "Support/Bug reports" link above.

Moderator: Wanderer

syntax

Fixed [BUG 3.40] Romcenter wont put CHD's in folders, but...

Post by syntax »

ok so i've just updater from mame 0117 to mame 0133 and have been going thru the hell of rebuilding my chd's.

i ran a search on my rom collection and moved any file that ended with .chd to a NEW chd folder

I couldn't find any batch programs to do this which was annoying so im running this line for all chdman.exe -update old.chd 1.chd(2.chd,3.chd...ect)

So all my chd's are in a separate folder, number 1 to 190something and are in the 0133 format

I fire up romcenter and get it to look in the chd folder i have set up for the moment, all my chds are there, i notices that they have the wrong name so i run fix and it changes all the names to the correct ones.

So now there all named correctly, but there not in there folders( figured romcenter would create some folders and whack em in there)

So i refresh my chd directory, and guess what, romcenter is telling me that all my chds are corrupt??? i know there not, but it wont put the chd's into a folder either..but it gets wierder.

I started getting annoyed with everything so i threw my new chds straight into my rom directory without there respective folders or other folder contents.
I fired up a freshly compiled version of mame and guess what??? all the chd games ive tested work fine! only tested the 3 area 51's, sfiii3, sfiii, sfiii2 and a couple more

BUT THERE WORKING??????? I really need someone to help answer this, just really confused as to why romcenter will treat a file differently sometimes( like when i fix a chd, then it comes up in the list as ok, then i refresh directories and it comes up corrupted.

RomCenter
Author
Author

Re: Romcenter wont put CHD's in folders, but....

Post by RomCenter »

Hi and sorry the the late reply.
I will try to reproduce the problem and report here.
Stay tuned!
Eric - RomCenter developer
Report bugs here.

RomCenter
Author
Author

Re: [BUG 3.40] Romcenter wont put CHD's in folders, but....

Post by RomCenter »

I found a problem in the arcade.dll plugin. A bug prevent from reading correct sha1. It will be fixed in next release.
Eric - RomCenter developer
Report bugs here.