Deleted files/roms etc, where do they go?

Romcenter 4 support discussion. Please do not post roms requests or illegal links, posts will be deleted. After discussion in this forum, please report any new bugs here.

Moderator: Wanderer

Forum rules
No roms requests or illegal links
klepp0906
Galaga
Galaga

Deleted files/roms etc, where do they go?

Post by klepp0906 »

Ugh, so i just had a buncha stuff sorted into folders (unlicensed/prototypes etc) that I couldnt find a means to omit from parsing with a 1g1r dat. I figured that was making the best of the situation.

I re ran romcenter and clicked fix without thinking. Ended up deleting all of the folders and the roms within.

I hoped romcenter moved them to the recyling bin, or some folder within its directory.

Seems no bueno on either.

Might i request an option in the future to choose between eradicating deleted stuff, or deleting it to the recyling bin instead?

Wanderer
Board master
Board master

Re: Deleted files/roms etc, where do they go?

Post by Wanderer »

klepp0906 wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 7:52 pm
Might i request an option in the future to choose between eradicating deleted stuff, or deleting it to the recyling bin instead?
Hi there and welcome.

Such an option already exists. You will find it at menu File / Options, under section "Backup". You should find your deleted files in the folder mentioned there.

klepp0906
Galaga
Galaga

Post by klepp0906 »

ah, thats what i get for not being thorough. my apologies and thank you for the heads up. Romcenter is aiding in securing my sanity - and im just getting started :P

Wanderer
Board master
Board master

Post by Wanderer »

No problem. Have fun with it and remember, it's always good practice to have a backup of your roms somewhere. It's still not an official release, although as Eric (the developer) said, the final RC4 version should be out soon.

klepp0906
Galaga
Galaga

Post by klepp0906 »

yea, i do keep a backup JIC. ive learned the hard way too many times. With larger sets (when i get into the disc based stuff) thats gonna be more problematic so ill likely test small batches.

More on topic though - I just ran a dat against a 32x set, and configured it to only keep USA and World. As expected it cleared out about half of em. I checked the recycling bin, and theres nothing there. Evidently the setting isnt working or i'm misunderstanding it?

RomCenter
Author
Author

Post by RomCenter »

Hi

Did you select to send removed items in the recycle bin ?
If no, they are moved to the default archives folder.
Eric - RomCenter developer
Report bugs here.

RomCenter
Author
Author

Post by RomCenter »

I just checked and you're right. It seems there is a problem with moving to recycle. I will fix that of course.

Fyi, final release should be ready very soon. There will be a windows installer version and a portable (same as beta versions).
Eric - RomCenter developer
Report bugs here.

klepp0906
Galaga
Galaga

Post by klepp0906 »

great! thank you for checking (and for your work. you programmers never cease to amaze!).

also thank you for providing a portable version <3 I run anything i can portable and in the emulation realm, not being portable = likely not being used by me.

Fortunately that seems to be run up against exceedingly rarely nowadays.

I'm getting off topic though :)

Flexstart
PacMan
PacMan

Post by Flexstart »

It's still not an official release.

Flexstart
PacMan
PacMan

Post by Flexstart »

Hi there and welcome.